The Virginity Custom ROM
The UI that Samsung has provided the Galaxy S5 is great. This new UI is catch and attractive and – unfortunately for those with older Galaxy devices – exclusive to the Galaxy S5 and newer Samsung devices.
The Galaxy S3 Mini is one of those devices that Samsung is not going to be providing their newer UI for. The S3 Mini is the first Mini variant of a Samsung flagship device and is a popular device that’s still used all over the world today. For those S3 Mini loyalists, we have a way they can get the UI of the Galaxy S5.
There is a custom ROM named Virginity ROM that can be used with the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini – and it has the Galaxy S5 UI. So if you want to get the Galaxy S5 UI on your Galaxy S3 Mini, follow along with the guide below.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide and the custom ROM we are installing are for the Galaxy S3 Mini I8190, I8190L and I8190N. If you try this with another device, it could brick it. Make sure you have the correct device by going to Settings>About Device.
- Make sure that you’ve charged the battery to al least over 60 percent.
- Your phone will need to have a custom recovery installed. If you don’t have one already, find, download and install either TWRP or CWM custom recovery.
- When you have your custom recovery installed, use Backup Nandroid on your device.
- Back up your important SMS messages, contacts and call logs.
- Back up all your important media files manually by copying them to a PC or laptop.
- Create a backup EFS.
- If you already have root access on your phone, use Titanium Backup to back up your apps, system data and any other important content.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Transform Your Galaxy S3 Mini Into Galaxy S5 Using Virginity ROM:
- Download the custom ROM file here: VirginityROM V13.zip
- Copy the downloaded .zip files onto the phone’s SD card.
- Boot phone into recoverymode by first turning if off completely. Then, turn the phone back on by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power keys. When the phone turns on, leave the three buttons.
- In recovery, perform a factory data reset and wipe cache.
- “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the Virginity ROM v13.zip file> Yes”. This will flash the ROM.
- When the ROM is flashed, go back to recovery; wipe cache and dalvik cache and the reboot the device.
- When the device boots up, you should see Virginity ROM.
The first boot could take up to 10 minutes, just wait. If you have any issues, you can go back to your old system by using the Nandorid backup you created.
Here are some screenshots of what you can now expect to see on your Galaxy S3 Mini screen now:
Have you gotten the Samsung Galaxy S5 UI on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.