Update The Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Sony has updated their Xperia Z Ultra to Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware based on build number 14.4.A.0.108. This update is being rolled out at different times in different regions and you can received it using Sony PC Companion or with OTA.
If you have a Sony Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833 and the official update hasn’t reached your region and you just can’t wait, we have a solution for you.
Follow along with our guide to update Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat based on the build number 14.4.A.0.108 firmware using Sony Flashtool.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra C683. Don’t use it with other devices as this could brick the device.
- Make sure your device is running Andorid 4.2.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- Have your battery charged to at least over 60 percent.
- Have Sony Flashtool installed.
- When you have installed Sony Flashtool, open the Flashtool folder then do to Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. From a list of options, choose to install Flashtool, Fastboot and the Xperia Z Ultra drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode. You can do so by one of these two methods:
- Settings>Developer options>USB debugging.
- Settings>About device>Build number. Tap Build Number 7 times.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to connect the phone to a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Update Xperia Z Ultra C6833 to official 14.4.A.0.108 Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware:
- Download latest firmware Android 4.4.4 KitKat 14.4.A.0.108 FTF file.
- Copy the file and paste it into Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe .
- You should be able to see a small lightening button on the top left corner. Hit that button and then select Flashmode.
- Select FTF firmware file that was placed in the Firmware folder in step 2.
- On the right side, select what you want to wipe. We recommend that you wipe the following: Data, cache and apps log, though it is okay if you don’t want to.
- Click OK, and the firmware will be prepared for flashing. Wait for it to load.
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the volume down key pressed while you plug in the cable.
- If you have properly connected your phone, it should be detected in Flashmode and the firmware will begin flashing, Keep pressing the volume down key until the process is complete.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of the volume down key, take the cable out and reboot.
Have you installed latest Android 4.4.4 Kitkat on your Xperia Z Ultra C6833?
Share your experience in the comments box below.