The Sony Xperia V LT25i
Sony has released an official update for their Xperia V to Andorid 4.3 Jelly Bean based on build number 9.2.A.2.5. The firmware fixes a few bugs and enhances performance, especially battery performance.
The update is taking its time getting to all regions around the world and, if you don’t want to wait, you can use our guide below to use Sony Flashtool to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.2.5 firmware on Sony Xperia V LT25i manually.
As this firmware is official, you don’t need to worry about anything or make any device tweaks. Just follow along with our guide.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for use with a Sony Xperia V LT25i. Check that you have to correct device model by going to Settings>About Device> Model.
- You need to have a device that is already running on Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean.
- Install Sony Flashtool.
- Install drivers using the Sony Flashtool:
- Go to Flashtool > Drivers> Flashtool-drivers.
- From list of options, choose Flashmode, Fastboot and Xperia V drivers to install.
- Have your phone charged so it has at least over 60 percent of its charge. This is to make sure your phone doesn’t run out of power before the process is through.
- Back up all your important media content, contacts, text messages and call logs.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone through one of these two methods.
- Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging.
- Go to Settings>About device>Build number. Then tap on the build number seven times.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to connect your phone and a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
How-to install Android 220.127.116.11.A.2.5 Official Firmware on A Xperia V LT25i:
- Download this file: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 9.2.A.2.5 Firmware for Xperia V LT25i [Unbranded / Generic ]
- Copy downloaded file and then paste it into the Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe.
- Hit the small lightening button that you will see on the top left corner and then select Flashmode.
- Select FTF firmware file that was placed in the Firmware folder in step 2.
- From right side, select what you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, are recommended for wiping. .
- Click OK, and firmware will start preparing for flashing. Wait for it to load.
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach your phone to the computer. Do so by first turning it off and keeping the volume down key press. While continuing to keep the volume down key pressed, plug in the data cable.
- When the phone is detected in Flashmode, firmware will begin flashing. Keep the volume down key pressed until flashing is over.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”, flashing is over so you can leave the volume down key, plug out the cable and reboot the device.
Have you’ve installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia V?
Share your experience in the comments box below.