Samsung has released several official updates to Android 5.1 Lollipop for their devices. The Galaxy Note 3 had previously been updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and is expected to get an update to Android 5.1 Lollipop, however there is no official word on when it will be released.If you have a Galaxy Note 3 and you can’t wait for the official update, you can try using a custom ROM. A good custom ROM to use is Resurrection Remix. With this custom ROM you can update a Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1 Lollipop
Prepare your device:
- This guide and the ROM are only for a Galaxy Note 3 N9005
- Charge battery to at least over 60 percent.
- Unlock device’s bootloader.
- Have a custom recovery installed. Afterwards, use it to make a backup nandroid.
- You need to use Fastboot commands to install this ROM. Fastboot commands only work with a rooted device. If your device isn’t rooted yet, root it.
- After rooting your device, use Titanium Backup
- Backup SMS messages, call logs, and contacts.
- Backup any important media content.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, Resurrection Remix roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Resurrection Remix ROM: Link
- Connect device to your computer
- Copy and paste the downloaded files to the root of the device’s SD card.
- Open device in recovery mode:
- Open a command prompt in the fastboot folder
- Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose the type of custom recovery you have and follow one of the guides below.
For CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Use Recovery to make a backup of your ROM. Go to Back-up and Restore, choose Back-up.
- Return to main screen.
- Go to advance and choose Dalvik wipe cache
- Go to Install zip from SD Card. You should see another window open.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset.
- Choose zip from SD card.
- Select the Resurrection Remix.zip file.
- Confirm you want the file installed.
- Repeat these steps for the Gapps.zip.
- When installation is finished, choose +++++Go Back+++++
- Now, select Reboot now.
- Tap the Backup option.
- Select System and Data. Swipe the confirmation slider.
- Tap Wipe Button.
- Choose Cache, System, and Data. Swipe the confirmation slider.
- Return to main menu.
- Tap install button.
- Find the Resurrection Remix.zip and the Gapps.zip.
- Swipe confirmation slider to install both files.
- When the files are flashed, you will be prompted to reboot your system. Select Reboot Now.
Have you flashed this Resurrection Remix ROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.