Resurrection Remix ROM To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On A Galaxy Note 2
When Samsung released their Galaxy Note 2, it was one of the best devices available at the time. The Note 2 is still considered a good device but there is no denying that it has been left behind by some of the most recent flagships from different manufacturers.
If you have a Galaxy Note 2 and you want to get the new Material Design that was recently released by Google, you need to install a custom ROM. Specifically; you should install the Resurrection Remix custom ROM. Aside from Material Design, Resurrection Remix will bring Android 5.0 Lollipop to your Note 2.
Follow along with our guide below and get Material Design and Android 5.0 Lollipop on a Galaxy Note 2 N7100 by installing Resurrection Remix.
Prepare your phone:
- You should only use this guide with the Galaxy Note 2 N7100. If you try to use it with another device, you could brick it. Go to Settings > About Phone to check.
- You need your device to be rooted and to have either CWM or TWRP custom recovery installed.
- Charge your device’s battery so it has at least 60 percent of its power.
- Backup your EFS data, media content, contacts, call logs, and text messages.
- Make a Backup Nandroid.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Connect your device to a PC.
- Transfer the two files you downloaded above into the internal memory of your device.
- Disconnect your device from the computer and then turn it off.
- Boot your device into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, choose to perform a factory data reset. You should also wipe the cache and the dalvik cache.
- Choose your install option.
- Choose to choose a zip file from the SD card.
- Choose the Resurrection Remix ROM file. Install it.
- Return to the recovery main menu.
- Repeat steps 6-8 but this time, choose the Gapps file.
- Reboot the device.
Have you used Resurrection Remix ROM to get Android Lollipop on a Note 2?
Share your experience in the comments box below.