Use OptimusG3 ROM
The LG G2 may be old, but it is still a popular device. Because of its great hardware specifications, the LG G2 still stands among some of the best Android devices out there.
LG has introduced a new flagship, the G3, which introduced some new features that G2 owners might envy. They need not worry though, as they can get the new software features of the G3 with the use of a custom ROM we’ve found.
The OptimusG3 ROM is a custom ROM based on LG G2 D802’s 20d firmware. Using this ROM will give the G2 some of the best features of the G2, pretty much transforming a G2 into a G3. In this guide, we’re going to teach you how to install it.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide and the firmware it uses will only work for the LG G2. All variants of the LG G2 can use this device. Check your device model in Settings >About Device.
- You need to have rooted and installed a custom recovery on your device before installing this ROM.
- Have your battery charged to at least over 60 percent.
- Back up all your important contacts, call logs and sms messages.
- Back up important media content by copying them to a PC.
- Use Titanium Backup to back up all your apps and data.
- Use your custom recovery to make a back up of your current system.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install OptimusG3 ROM and Transform your LG G2 into LG G3:
- Download KK Baseband.zip file for LG G2. Make sure that what you download is for your device’s model. Note: If you are already on a KitKat baseband, you may skip this step 1 and steps 2- 4.
- Copy downloaded Baseband.zip file to phone’s SD card.
- Now boot into custom recovery.
- Once in custom recovery, select Install > Locate the KK baseband.zip file and then flash.
- Download OptimusG3 v1.1 ROM.zip
- Copy downloaded ROM.zip file to phone’s SD card.
- Boot into custom recovery again.
- Once in custom recovery, select Install > Locate the OptimusG3 ROM.zip file and flash.
- If ROM prompts you to wipe data, wipe everything or wipe using steps below after installation.
- Wait for installation to finish. When it’s go back to the main menu in custom recovery.
- Wipe Factory/Data Reset. Also wipe cache and dalvik cache by going to advanced options.
- When wiping is done, reboot device.
- First boot could take up to 10 minutes just wait.
Do you have Optimus G3 ROM on your LG G2 with G3 features?
Share your experience in the comments box below.