How To Use OmniROM
Custom ROM OmniROM can now be used with the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. You can use this ROM to update your phablet to Android KitKat.
The Galaxy Note is the first phablet that Samsung came out with. It originally ran on Android 2.3 Ginger Bread and was updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The Jelly Bean update was the last official update for the Galaxy Note and it doesn’t look like there will be anymore official updates for it.
If you want to use OmniROM to update the Galaxy Note, follow along with our guide below.
Prepare your device:
- This guide and the ROM were going to use is only for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Check your device’s model by going to Settings>About Device.
- You need to have CWM recovery installed. Use it to back up your current system.
- Charge your device so it has over 60 percent of its battery life. This is to prevent power issues before flashing ends.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to connect your phone and the PC.
- Back up you important contacts, messages, call logs and media content.
- Turn off any Antivirus and Firewalls on your PC first.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup on your important apps and system data.
- A clean install is best so wipe your phone’s data cache and it’s dalvik cache.
Install Android 4.4 KitKat OmniROM on Galaxy Note GT-N7000:
- Download Android 4.4 OmniROM.zip file for Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
- Download zip file for Android 4.4 KitKat.
- Copy the two downloaded files to your device’s internal or external SD card.
- Boot the device into CWM recovery by first turning it off then turning it back on by pressing and holding down the volume up, home and power buttons.
- Go to advanced options and wipe the cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to Install zip > Choose zip from SD/ext SD card. Choose the OmniROM.zip file you downloaded.
- Choose Yes and the ROM will flash.
- When the ROM is flashed, go back to the main menu of CWM.
- Repeat step 6, but use the Gapps.zip file you downloaded.
- When Gapps has been flashed, reboot device.
Have you used OmniROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.