A Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100
There are many custom ROMs out there that can install Android 4.4 KitKat on a Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. But in this post, were going to share with you what is in our experience the best of these custom ROMs – The NeatROM.
The NeatROM doesn’t just bring Android 4.4 KitKat to a Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 but it also brings an entirely new interface with a host of good customization options. This ROM is also smooth and fast and has good battery timing.
Follow along with our guide and install NeatROM KitKat Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure you have the correct device, this guide is only for use with a Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
- You need to have root access on your phone.
- You need to have the latest version of either CWM/Philz Touch or TWRP custom recovery on your phone.
- Charge phone to at least 85 percent
- Enable your phone’s USB debugging mode.
- Back up your EFS data.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Connect your phone to a PC.
- Copy and paste the files downloaded above to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Turn your phone off.
- Turn it back on in recovery mode by pressing and holding down volume up, home and power buttons until text appear on-screen.
- Follow one of the two guides below according to which custom recovery you have on your phone.
- Choose option Wipe Cache
- Go to the advance option. From advance, choose Delvik wipe cache.
- Choose wipe data/factory reset
- Go to option Install zip from SD card. You should see another window open.
- From options in the new window, pick choose zip from SD card
- Select the NeatROM.zip file that you downloaded. Confirm installation in next screen,
- After installation finishes, go back and repeat these steps but with the Google Apps file.
- When both installations are finished, choose +++++Go Back+++++
- Choose to reboot now and the system should reboot
- Tap wipe button. Choose cache, system and data to be wiped.
- Swipe confirmation slider
- Return to Main Menu. Tap the install button from there.
- Find the NeatROM and Google Apps files you downloaded. Swipe slider to install.
- When installation is finished, you will get a prompt to reboot your system now. Do so.
Troubleshooting: Solving signature verification error
- Open recovery
- Go to option install zip from SD card
- Go to Toggle Signature Verification. Press power button to see if it has been disabled or not. If not, disable it. You should now be able to install the zip without error
Have you installed NeatROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2?
Share your experience in the comments box below.