HTC’s One X is their answer to the Samsung Galaxy S3. It is a great phone that runs on Android ICS out of the box but has since been updated to Android Jell
The Answer to Samsung Galaxy S3 – HTC One X
HTC’s One X is their answer to the Samsung Galaxy S3. It is a great phone that runs on Android ICS out of the box but has since been updated to Android Jelly Bean.
There are a lot of custom ROMs available for the HTC One X. A smooth, stable and fast custom ROM to install on the HTC One X is Maximus HD, which is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
In this post, were going to show you how you can install Maximus HD on your HTC One X International version.
Prepare your phone:
- Only use this ROM with the HTC One X International and not with any other variant. Check device model number by going to Settings>About device.
- Have a well-charged battery, around 85 percent or more.
- You need to already run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. If not, update your device before continuing.
- Download and install Android ADB and Fastboot folders.
- Download and install HTC Drivers on the phone.
- Unlock your devices bootloader.
- Have a back up of all your important contacts, messages and call logs.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Copy the HTC One X – MaximusHD_21.0.0.zip to the SD card of your phone.
- Boot the phone into Hboot:
- Turn it off
- Turn it on by pressing and holding the volume down and power keys
- Go to Fastboot and press power key to select.
- When in fastboot mode, connect phone and PC.
- Extract HTC One X – MaximusHD_21.0.0.zip.
- Run Kernel Flasher.
- After flashing the kernel, go back to Hboot mode.
- Select recovery and boot into recovery mode. If you do it right, you will see CWM recovery.
- Install Zip > Choose Zip from SD Card > Select the ROM.zip file > Yes
- Choose Full Wipe in the installer.
- Start the ROM flashing.
- When flashing is done, reboot.
Have you installed this ROM on your HTC One X?
Share your experience in the comments box below.