The KingSense DS 2.0.0 Custom ROM On A HTC Desire 816
KingSense 2.0.0 is a custom ROM based on Android 4.4.2 that is available for the HTC Desire 816. It’s a pretty good ROM and in this guide, we’re going to show you how to install it.
As this is not an official release from HTC, you’re going to need to install a custom recovery on your device. You should also root it. Other things you need to do to prepare your phone are:
- Charge your battery so you have 60-80 percent power.
- Back up all your important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Make a back up of your EFS Data.
- Check that you have an HTC Desire 816. Go to Settings>About.
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Download USB driver for HTC devices
- Unlock your bootloader
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible
Install KingSense DS 2.0.0.
- Download KingSense DS 2.0.0. Link
- Take out your phone’s battery and wait for 10 seconds.
- Re-insert the battery and then enter Bootloader mode by pressing and holding down the power and volume down button till you see text appear on screen.
- While in bootloader, select recovery.
- Select Install zip from sd card.
- Select Choose zip from sd card.
- Choose the KingSense DS 2.0.0 zip file. Confirm installation.
- From Aroma Installer, Choose Wipe Data and Install New ROM.
- If you are only doing an update then only choose Wipe Data for Update.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- When the process is over, tap Reboot System Now.
What to do if you are stuck in a bootloop?
- Check that Fastboot and ADB are configured on the PC
- Download the ROM file again.
- Extract the .zip file. Either on the Kernal folder or in the Main Folder, you will find a file called boot.img. Copy and paste this boot.img file to your Fastboot folder.
- Turn the phone off and open it on Bootloader/Fastboot mode. To do so, press and hold the volume down and power button until you see text appear on screen.
- Open a command prompt in the Fastboot Folder. Hold the shift key and right click anywhere in the Fastboot Folder.
- In the command prompt type: fastboot flash boot boot.img. Press Enter.
- In the command prompt type: fastboot reboot.
Have you upgraded your HTC Desire 816 with Android 4.4.2 KingSense DS 2.0.0?
Share your experience in the comments box below.