The HellKat Custom Firmware
It doesn’t look like the Samsung Galaxy Tab P3100 is going to be getting an official update to Android Kitkat but, with the help of HellKat custom ROM, users of this device can still get a taste of KitKat.
- Make sure that your device is a Galaxy Tab P3100.
- You need to already be rooted and have the latest version of either TWRP or CWM/Philz custom recovery installed.
- You need to charge the battery to 85 percent or more.
- You need to enable device’s USB debugging mode.
- You need to back up your important contacts, call logs and messages.
- You need to back up your device’s EFS data.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Connect device to your PC.
- Copy and paste the files you downloaded above to the root of your device’s SD card
- Disconnect your device from the PC.
- Turn your device off.
- Open it in recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power buttons till text appears on screen. Now, depending on what custom recovery you have installed, follow one of the guides below.
For CWM/Philz Touch
- Choose to Wipe Cache
- Go to advance. From advance, choose Delvik wipe cache.
- Choose to wipe data/factory reset
- Go to Install zip from SD card. You should see another window open.
- From the options in the new window, choose the one that say’s choose zip from SD card
- Select the HellKat.zip that you downloaded. Confirm you want to install it in the next screen,
- After installation is complete, go back and repeat these steps but this time with the Google Apps file.
- When installation of both is finished, choose +++++Go Back+++++
- Choose to reboot now and the system should reboot
- Tap the wipe button. Choose cache, system and data.
- Swipe confirmation slider
- Return to Main Menu and tap the install button.
- Find the HellKat and Google Apps files you downloaded. Swipe slider to install.
- When the installation is finished, you should get a prompt to reboot your system now.
Troubleshooting: Solving the signature verification error
- Open recovery
- Go to install zip from SD card
- Go to Toggle Signature Verification. Press the power button to see if it has been disabled or not. If not, disable it. You should now be able to install the zip without the error
Have you installed Android 4.4.2 HellKat Custom ROM on your Galaxy Tab P3100.