Use Dr Ketan Custom ROM To Update A Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite
Samsung released the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite in January of 2013. A cheaper variant of their Galaxy Tab 3, the Tab 3 Lite runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. To date, there have not been any official updates for the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite.
While some people don’t mind sticking to stock firmware, if you’re an Android enthusiast, you are probably itching to update your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. We’ve found a pretty good custom ROM which will let you do just that.
Dr. Ketan has developed a custom ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. In this guide, we’re going to show you how to install it.
Apps separately, but it is a stable ROM. Follow along with our guide to install it.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide and the ROM it uses is only for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T111. Do not use it with other devices Check your device version by going to Settings>About Device>Model
- You need to have a custom recovery installed.
- Charge your battery so that it has 60 percent of its life.
- Back up all your important messages, contacts, and call logs.
- If you have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup for your important apps and system data.
- If you have custom recovery, make a Nandroid Backup of your device’s system.
- Have a backup of your EFS data.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Dr Ketan Custom ROM On Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T111:
- Download T111-NB2_Dr.Ketan Custom ROM V1.zip file onto your computer.
- Copy the file you downloaded to your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite’s internal SD card.
- Boot the device into TWRP recovery by first turn it off completely then turning it back on by pressing and holding volume up, home and the power buttons.
- When you see the TWRP interface, tap “Wipe>Swipe finger to Factory Reset”.
- When the wipe is through, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap “Install”.
- Locate the Dr Ketan Custom ROM.zip file that you copied in step 2 and tap it.
- Swipe your finger on “Yes” to confirm flashing, when you do, ROM installer will open.
- Make the selections you wish, follow the on screen instructions and flash the ROM.
- Reboot your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite.
Have you installed Dr Ketan Custom ROM on your Tab 3 Lite?
Share your experience in the comments box below.