How-To: Use DN3 V5+ ROM
A few months ago, Samsung released updates to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for both their flagship Galaxy Note 2 and the phablet Galaxy Note 3.When this happened, a group of Android developers called Electron Team developed a custom ROM based on stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean that had most of the features of the Galaxy Note 3.The Electron Team ROM was called the Ditto Note 3 and the team has been working on updating their ROM.The newest version of theDN3 V5+ ROM based and can transform a Galaxy Note 2 into a Samsung Galaxy S5 with the touch and feel of the Galaxy Note 3.They ported some applications of the Galaxy S5 into the stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat run by the Galaxy Note 2, without removing any of the features of the Galaxy Note 3.
In this guide, we are going to show you how to install a DN3 V5+ ROM on the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 to transform it into Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3.
Prepare your phone:
- This ROM is only for use with the Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. Make sure you have the correct device by checking the device model in Settings>About Device>Model.
- You need to have a device that is running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean or higher.
- Your device needs to have a custom recovery installed.
- Use your custom recovery to create a Nandroid backup of your current system.
- Your device needs to have a battery that is charged to at least over 60 percent.
- You have backed up your important media content, contacts, messages and call logs.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup to back up your apps and system data.
- Have EFS back up of your device made before flashing the ROM.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install DN3 V5+ ROM On Galaxy Note 2 And Transform It IntoGalaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 2:
Note: If you don’t have a new bootloader and you do not have the knox counter in the device’s bootloader and you want to avoid it in this installation, follow the steps below. If you’re already on a newer bootloader, skip this part.
- Download MJ5 Bootloader.
- Boot the device into download mode by first turning it off completely then turning it on by pressing and holding the volume down, power and home buttons.
- When you see a warning, press the volume up button to continue.
- Connect the phone to your PC.
- Select the CP tab and choose the modem you downloaded.
- Hit start. This will flash MJ5 Bootloader.
- Disconnect the device when flashing is done.
Install the ROM:
- Download DN3 V5+ ROM. make sure that it is the latest version.
- Connect your device to a PC.
- Copy the downloaded .zip files to your device’s storage.
- Disconnect the device from your PC.
- When the device is disconnected, turn it off.
- Boot the device into TWRP Recovery mode by turning it back on by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power buttons.
- While in TWRP recovery, wipe the cache, dalvik cacke and factory data reset.
- When these are wiped, select the install option
- Install>Choose Zip from SD card > Select DN3 V5+ .zip file > Yes
- The ROM should now flash on your phone.
- When flashing is through, reboot the device.
- DN3 V5+ Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM should be running on your device now.
The first boot could take as long as 10 minutes. If it takes longer than that, boot into TWRP recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik cache. Reboot your device to fix the issue. If your still having issues, return to your old system by using the Nandroid backup or install stock firmware.
Have you used DN3 V5+ ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.