were going to show you how you can install CyanogenMod 11 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT I9505 to get Android 4.4 KitKat on it. Follow along.
Galaxy S4 LTE
Samsung’s latest flagship is the Galaxy S4 LTE and it runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. The Galaxy S4 was recently updated to Android 4.2 and Samsung is reportedly planning to update it to Android 4.4 KitKat by January 2014.
If you really want to get KitKat on your Galaxy S4, you can also flash a custom rom based on KitKat now. A good ROM for this purpose is CyanogenMod 11.
In this post, we’re going to show you how you can install CyanogenMod 11 on a Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT I9505 to get Android 4.4 KitKat on it. Follow along.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for a Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT I9505. If you use this with other devices you could brick the device.
- Your phone needs to have root and a custom recovery installed.
- Use custom recovery to backup the current ROM.
- Back up all important contacts, call logs, SMS messages and media files.
- Charge phone’s battery to at least over 60 percent to prevent running out of power before ROM is flashed.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.4 KitKat CM 11 Custom ROM on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:.
- Place the two downloaded .zipfiles on phone’s SD card.
- Boot into custom recovery:
- Turn off the device completely.
- Turn on by pressing and holdingVolume Up + Home Button + Power Key at the same time.
- Select wipe, and choose to wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Select “Install>Choose Zip from sd/ext sd card>Select the downloaded CM 11 ROM.zip file”.
- When ROM installation ends, select “Install>Choose Zip from sd/ext sd card>Select the downloaded Gapps.zip file”.
- When zip installation ends, choose to wipe the cache and Dalvik cache .
- The first reboot could take up to 10 minutes, just wait.
Have you installed CM 11 custom ROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.