Use CM 11 Custom ROM
The HTC Sensation came out in 2011 and it is still a pretty good device. Initially it ran on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread but it was updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Unfortunately, that is the last update HTC released for this device.
It may be old, but the HTC Sensation is still a pretty good mid-range device. Many users don’t really want to part with it. If your one of those loyal to the HTC Sensation but still want to improve its software, we suggest you go for a custom ROM.
We know a pretty good custom ROM for the HTC Sensation. It’s the Cyanogen Mod 11 based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. In this post, we’re going to show you how to install it.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure you have a HTC Sensation. This guide and ROM works only with that device. If you try it with another you could brick it. Check your device model by going to Setting>About
- Charge your phone so your battery has 60 percent of its life.
- Have a custom recovery installed. The ROM we use here needs 4EXT recovery so download and flash that.
- When 4EXT is flashed, use it to create a backup Nandroid.
- If your device is rooted, create a Titanium backup.
- Back up any important media, messages, call logs and contacts.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat On HTC Sensation with CM 11 Custom ROM:
- Download cm-11-20140424-UNOFFICIAL-pyramid.zip
- Download Google Gapps.zip
- Copy both downloaded .zip files to phone’s SD card.
- Boot your phone into 4EXT recovery mode by turning it off completely. Turn it on by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons. When you see the screen turning on, leave the buttons. You should now boot into bootloader. Select recovery from and enter in it.
- In recovery, perform a factory data reset and also wipe cache.
- “Install from SD card > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the cm-11-20140424-UNOFFICIAL-pyramid.zip file > Yes” and flash it.
- “Install from SD card > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the Gapps.zip file” and flash it.
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache from 4EXT recovery and reboot device.
- First boot may take up to 10 minutes. Just wait.
- You should see the CM 11 ROM.
Have you installed KitKat on your HTC Sensation?
Share your experience in the comments box below.