Use CarbonROM To Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat On An HTC Sensation
The HTC Sensation is a popular device with some very powerful specifications. The device does lag when it comes to software though. The last update it had was to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
If you want to update your HTC Sensation, you should probably look at custom ROMS. We have a good one for you actually. It’s called CarbonROM and its based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Follow along with this guide and flash CarbonROM and get Android 4.4.4 KitKat on an HTC Sensation.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure you have a HTC Sensation. This guide and the ROM is only for that device. If you try it with another device you could brick it. Check your device model by going to Setting>About
- Charge your phone so that your battery has 60 percent of its battery life.
- Have a custom recovery installed. The ROM we use here needs 4EXT recovery so download and flash that.
- When 4EXT is flashed, use it to create a backup Nandroid.
- If your device is rooted, create a Titanium backup.
- Back up any important media, messages, call logs and contacts.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.4.4 KitKat On HTC Sensation with CarbonROM:
- Download CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-KERNEL-3.4-20140729-1611-pyramid.zip
- Download Google Gapps.zip
- Copy both the downloaded .zip files to your phone’s SD card.
- Boot your phone into 4EXT recovery mode. To do so, turn it off completely then turn it on by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons. When you see the screen turning on, leave the buttons. You should now boot into bootloader. Select recovery from and enter in it.
- In recovery, perform a factory data reset and wipe cache.
- Now select “Install from SD card > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-KERNEL-3.4-20140729-1611-pyramid.zip file > Yes” and flash it.
- Select “Install from SD card > Choose Zip from SDcard > locate the Gapps.zip file” and flash it.
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache from 4EXT recovery and reboot device.
- First boot may take up to 10 minutes. Just wait.
- You should see the CarbonROM.
Do you have KitKat on your HTC Sensation?
Share your experience in the comments box below.