The Samsung Galaxy Gear
The Samsung Galaxy Gear if the first smart watch from Samsung and it was introduced as an accessory to the Galaxy Note 3. Users of the Samsung Galaxy Gear enjoy the fact that it has a small screen with only a few features and options installed. But, if you want to go beyond what the manufacturer put on the Galaxy Gear, you can do so by flashing APK files.
In this post, we’re going to show you the different methods you can use to install APK files on a Samsung Galaxy Gear SM-V700.
Install Applications through APK files on Samsung Galaxy Gear:
Method 1: With WonderShare Mobile Go
- Download and install WonderShare Mobile Go for Android. You can get the trial version which is free for a period of 15 days or you can buy the pro version.
- Turn on the Galaxy Gear and pass activation screen.
- Swipe through the menu until you get to Settings. Tap Settings.
- Settings>Gear Info> Version Number. Tap version number seven times. This will enable your devices USB debugging mode.
- Return to Gear Info.
- Connect the Galaxy Gear to the PC. You will be prompted to turn on USB debugging mode on the PC. Allow it.
- WonderShare should now start and connect to the Gear.
- In WonderShare, click Samsung SM-V700 and in the panel click Install Apps.
- After clicking on install apps, you will be asked for the locations of the APK file you want to be installed.
- Select the APK file and installation will begin.
- When the installation finishes, you will be able to find the installed app in Apps on your Galaxy Gear.
Method 2: Using Android ADB
- Download Android ADB and Fastboot drivers and install them on your PC.
- Download the APK file of the app you want to install.
- Enable the USB debugging mode of you Galaxy Gear.
- Connect the Galaxy Gear and your PC.
- Place the downloaded APK file in either the Fastboot Folder or the Minimal Android ADB and Fastboot Drivers.
- Open the folder where you placed the downloaded APK file.
- Press and hold down the shift key while right-clicking on an empty area in the folder.
- Click Open Command Window here
- Type the following in the command window: Adb install App name. Apk. Make sure you replace App name with the filename of the app you want to be installed.
- Press enter and the app will be installed.
- Check that the installed app is in Apps in your Galaxy Gear.
If you want to uninstall the app, you can simply type in a command window: Adb uninstalls apk name.apk.
Have you used any of these methods to install an APK on your Galaxy Gear?
Share your experience in the comments box below.