Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900
The Galaxy Note 3 from Samsung runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box but Samsung has been quite good about updating it and it is now looking at an update to Android 4.4 KitKat.
In this post, were going to show you how you can get Android 4.4.2 KitKat on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Dr. Ketan’s custom ROM K2. Follow along.
Prepare your phone:
- Make sure you have a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. Don’t try using this ROM with other devices. Check your device’s model number by going to Settings>General>About Device
- Have the battery charged to around 60 percent or more.
- Have a custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP custom recovery.
- After installing custom recovery, use it to make a backup of your current system.
- Have a back up of all your important contacts, messages and call logs.
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup on your apps and system data.
- Enable phone’s USB debugging mode.
- Back up your EFS data.
- Use the Wipe option in TWRP Recovery to wipe your cache and factory data.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Copy the file you downloaded to the SD card of your phone.
- Boot into TWRP recovery by first turning your phone off completely then turning it back on by pressing and holding the volume up, home and power buttons.
- When you see the TWRP Recovery interface, find the Wipe option then choose to Factory Reset.
- Return to the main menu of TWRP. Tap Install and find the ROM.zip file. Swipe the confirmation button.
- The ROM will begin flashing now.
- Accept terms and conditions.
- Select Flash Dr Ketan Custom ROM.
- Follow on screen instructions.
- Start installation. It will take a few minutes so just wait for it to be done.
- When it is done, reboot your device. This first boot could take up to 10 minutes.
Have you installed this ROM on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.