Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Several developers are already rolling out the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update, and CyanogenMod 12 is no exception. Since most users and manufacturers want their devices to have the latest version of software available, this update is highly anticipated and needed. Some variants of the Galaxy S series and Galaxy Note devices do not have the update yet, such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910F / N910G.
This article will teach you how to install the official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop through CyanogenMod 12 on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910F / N910G. Before beginning the installation process, here are some notes that you have to consider:
- This step by step guide will only work for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910F / N910G. If you are not sure about your device model, you may check it by going to your Settings menu and clicking ‘About Device’. Using this guide for another device model may cause bricking, so if you are not a Galaxy Note 4 user, do not proceed.
- This ROM can only be used by Android power users and is not for the usual, everyday stuff. Proceeding with the installation is at your own risk.
- That being said, make sure to follow all the instructions properly.
- Your remaining battery percentage should not be less than 60 percent. This will prevent you from having power issues while the installation is ongoing, and therefore will prevent soft bricking of your device.
- Backup all of your data and files to avoid losing them, including your contacts, messages, call logs, and media files. This will ensure that you will always have a copy of your data and files. If your device is already rooted, you may use Titanium Backup. If you already have an installed TWRP or CWM custom recovery, you may use Nandroid Backup.
- You need to flash TWRP or CWM custom recovery, although TWRP is more recommended.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Step by Step Installation Guide:
- Download the zip file for CM 12 ROM
- Download Google Apps for Android 5.0
- Connect your Galaxy Note 4 to your computer or laptop using your device’s OEM data cable
- Transfer your downloaded zip files to your device storage
- Unplug your data cable and shut down your Galaxy Note 4
- Open TWRP Recovery by turning on your device and long-pressing the home, power, and volume up buttons until the recovery mode appears.
- Wipe cache, factory data reset, and dalvik cache (from advanced options)
- Click Install
- Press Install, go to “Choose Zip from SD card” then look for your zip file for CM12
- The ROM will start flashing.
- Return to the main menu as soon as the flashing has been completed.
- Press Install, go to “Choose Zip from SD card” then look for your zip file for Google Apps. Click Yes
- The ROM will start flashing.
- Restart your Galaxy Note 4
Congratulations! At this point, you have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Android 5.0 Lollipop! If you have additional questions about this easy step by step process, do not hesitate to ask through the comments section below.