Update An Xperia Z2 D6503
Sony has released an update for the Xperia Z2 D6503 to 23.1.A.0.740 firmware which is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. This new firmware update solves some bugs in the initially released Lollipop firmware. It is also the more battery friendly and stable firmware.
The update is officially released via OTA, but it is reaching different regions at different times. If it has not reached your region yet and you can’t wait, you can also install it manually. In this guide, we show you how to do so.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide and the ROM we are going to use is only for the Sony Xperia Z2 D6503. If you use it with any other device, you could end up bricking your phone. Check you device model by going to Settings>About Device.
- Charge your battery so it has at least 60 percent of its power. This is to make sure that you don’t run out of power before the flashing process finishes.
- To be safe, back up everything. This means back up your contacts, call logs and messages. Back up important media files by copying them manually to a PC or a laptop.
- If your device is rooted, you can and should use Titanium Backup to create a backup of your important content such as system data and apps.
- If you have a custom recovery installed, you can and should create a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable your device’s USB Debugging mode. To do so, you need to go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If you don’t have developer options in your settings, you need to first go to Settings>About Device. In about device, you should see your Build Number, tap your build number seven times then go back to settings. You should now see developer options.
- Have Sony Flashtool installed and set up on your device. After installing it go to Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe and install Flashtool, Fastboot and Xperia Z2 drivers.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to make a connection between your phone and a PC.
Install 23.1.A.0.740 FTF on Xperia Z2 D6503
- Download D6503 23.1.A.0.740 FTF Download
- Copy and paste the downloaded file to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- You will see a small lightening button at the top left corner. Hit the button and then select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware you placed in Firmware folder in step 2.
- Select what you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, are the recommended wipes.
- Click OK and firmware will prepare for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attachyour phone to the PC. Do so by first turning your phone off and keeping the volume down key pressed while you plug in the data cable.
- Wheh phoneis detected in Flashmode, firmware will begin flashing, Keep the volume down key pressed until process is complete.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”, let go of the volume down key, unplug the cable and reboot your device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z2?
Share your experience in the comments box below.