Update Sony Xperia M C1904/C1905
Sony has released a new update for their mid-range Sony Xperia M to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based on build number 15.4.A.1.9. The update Sony Xperia M can be received via OTA or Sony PC Companion. If, however, the update has not reached your region yet you can flash the firmware manually with Sony Flashtool.
In this guide, were going to show you how to flash latest stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.4.A.1.9 on the Sony Xperia M C1904/C1905.
Prepare your phone:
- The firmware in this guide is only for use with the Sony Xperia M C1904/C1905. Don’t use it with any other device as it could result in bricking. Check your device’s model by going to Settings>About Device
- Your phone needs to be running on Android 4.2.2 or 4.3
- Make sure your phone already has Sony Flashtool installed.
- When Sony Flashtool is installed, open the Flashtool folder, go to Drivers>Flashtool-drivers
- Make sure your phone’s battery has at least 60 percent of its charge.
- Back up important media content, contacts, messages and all logs.
- Have a OEM data cable with which you can connect your phone to your PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.4.A.1.9 on Xperia M C1904/C1905:
- Download the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 15.4.A.1.9 FTF file.
Make sure that it will match your phone mode.
- Extract downloaded rar fileand get ftf file
- Copy ftf file and the paste it in Flashtool>Firmwares
- You will see a small lightening button on the top left corner, hit it and then select
- Select the firmware filethat you placed in the Firmware folder in step 3.
- From the right, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended.
- Click OK, and the firmware will be prepared for flashing. Wait for it to load.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach the phone to your PC by first turning it off and keeping the volume downkey pressed while plugging in the data cable.
- When your phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware should start flashing automatically. Keep the volume down key pressed until the process is finished.
- When you see“Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”let go of the volume down key, unplug the cable and reboot.
Have you update Sony Xperia M by installing latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia M C1904/C1905?
Share your experience in the comments box below.