Update To Pre-Rooted Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat
MicroMod777 of XDA has developed a great pre-rooted ROM, based on stock android 4.4.2 for the Verizon LG G2.
Not only does this install the latest Android firmware on your phone, but it also gives you root access. Rooting your phone will allow you to get full control over your device.
Follow along with our guide below to install pre-rooted Android 4.4.2 KitKat on a LG G2.
Prepare your phone
- This guide will only work with a Verizon LG G2. Check your device model in Settings >About
- Charge your phone so it has at least 60-80 percent of its battery life.
- You need a custom recovery on your device
- Back up all important messages, contacts and call logs.
- Back up your mobile EFS data.
- Enable your phone’s USB debugging mode.
- Download USB drivers for LG devices
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Pre-Rooted Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Stock Firmware: Link | Mirror
- Download KK Baseband look for zip vs980_1xx_to_24a.zip: Link [Must be on 11a, 12b to Flash, otherwise don’t flash it]
How To Install
- Connect device to PC.
- Copy and Paste downloaded files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect phone
- Turn of
- Turn back on by pressing and holding down the power and volume down button until text appears on screen.
- Press the power button again.
- You should see custom recovery show on your screen
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up the Current ROM.
- Go to Back-up and Restore and Follow the On-Screen Instructions.
- When back up is done, proceed with the steps below
- Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Go to ‘advance’
- Choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Go ‘Install zip from sd card’
- Another window should open
- From the options presented ‘choose zip from sd card’
- Select Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.zip (of your choice)
- Confirm installation on next screen.
- After installation, go back and flash KK Baseband look for zip vs980_1xx_to_24a.zip.
- When installation is over, choose +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now and your system should reboot
For TWRP Users.
- Back up the current ROM. Tap back up and choose system and data. Swipe the slider and the back up will be made.
- Tap Wipe Button
- Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe Confirmation Slider.
- Go to Main Menu
- Tap Install Button.
- Locate Android 4.4.2Kit-Kat (of your choice) and KK Baseband look for zip vs980_1xx_to_24a .zip
- Swipe the Slider to install.
- When Installationis over, Reboot System Now
Does your LG G2 run Android 4.4.2 KitKat now?
Share your experience in the comments box below.