The Xperia Z3 Compact D5803/D5833
Sony has released an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for their Xperia Z3 Compact. There have already been a number of Lollipop upgrades released by Sony but this latest one fixes an issue that the previous updates did not. In this update, Sony added the Close All button back to the recent apps menu. This allows users to close all open apps at once. The update also includes improvements to on-screen notifications and message functionality while in stamina mode.
This latest update has build number 23.1.A.1.28. In this post, we’re going to show you how you can manually update your Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 & D5833 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.1.28 FTF using Sony Flashtool.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for the Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 & D5833. Don’t use it with other devices, as this could brick the device. Go to Settings>About Device, and check your model number there.
- Charge your phone so it has over 60 percent battery life. This is to prevent you from running out of power before flashing finishes.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- If phone is rooted, use Titanium Backup on your system data, apps and important content.
- If phone has custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not there, you need to activate it. Go to About Device and look for Build Number. Tap build number seven times then go back to Settings. Developer options will be activated.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z3 Compact
- Have an original OEM data cable available to connect the phone and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Update Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 & D5833 To Official Android 5.0.2 14.5.A.0.242 Lollipop Firmware
- Download the latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.1.28 FTF file. Make sure you download the one that is compatible with your model number.
- Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 [Generic/Unbranded. Link 1 |
- For Xperia Z3 Compact D5833 [Generic/Unbranded] Link 1
- Copy the file you downloaded and paste it in the Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe.
- In the top left corner of Flashtool, you should see a small lightening button, hit it and then select Flashmode.
- Select the firmware file you placed in the Firmware folder in step 2.
- Starting on the right side, select what you want wiped. It is recommended that you wipe data, cache and the apps log.
- Click OK and the firmware will begin preparing for flashing.
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to connect your phone to the PC.
- Turn off your phone first. Keeping the volume down key pressed, plug in the data cable and make the connection between the phone and your PC.
- Still keeping the volume down key pressed, wait for your phone to be detected in Flashmode. When your phone is detected, firmware should start flashing. Wait for the flashing process to complete before you let go of the volume down key.
- When you see “Flashing ended” or “Finished Flashing”, you can let go of the volume down key, unplug the cable and reboot your phone.
Have you installed Android 5.0.2 on your Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?
Share your experience in the comments box below.