Official Android Lollipop 23.1.A.1.28 Firmware Sony’s Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony has released an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Xperia Z3 Compact. This latest update fixes a bug with the last update that saw the Close All button missing from the app menu. The update also has some improvements in the on-screen notifications and messaging functionality in stamina mode.
The update carries build number 23.1.A.1.28 and it will be rolling out in different regions at different times. If the update hasn’t reached your region yet and you don’t want to wait, you can flash it manually. In this guide we are going to show you how you can manually install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on an Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 and D5833.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide should only be used with an Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 and D5833. If you use it with any other device, you could brick the device. Go to Settings>About Device, and look for your model number there.
- Charge device so it has over 60 percent battery to prevent you from running out of power before flashing completes.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- If device has root access, you should use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and important content.
- If device has custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP installed, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not there, go to About Device and look for Build Number. Tap build number seven times and go back to Settings. Developer options should now be activated.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z3 Compact
- Have a original OEM data cable to make the connection between device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
The latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.1.28 FTF file
- For Xperia Z3 Compact D5803 [Generic/Unbranded.
- For Xperia Z3 Compact D5833 [Generic/Unbranded]
Update Sony Xperia Z2 D6502/D6503 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.726 Firmware
- Copy and paste downloaded file to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On top left corner, you should see a smalllightening button, hit this button and select
- Select file placed in Firmware folder during step 1
- Selectwhat you want wiped, starting from right side. It is recommended that you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will begin preparing for flashing
- When firmware loads, you will be prompted to attach phone to computer, do so by turning it off and keeping the volume down key pressed while plugging the data cable in.
- When phone is detected, firmware will begin flashing. NOTE: Keep the volume down key pressed until process ends.
- When process is finished, you should see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”. Let go of the volume down key then, unplug cable and reboot device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z3 Compact?
Share your experience in the comments box below.