Android Lollipop 10.6.A.0.454 Firmware A Sony Xperia Z
The update for the Sony Xperia Z to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop began rolling out last night through OTA. This update carries build number 10.6.A.0.454.
The update had originally been released only through OTA and was not available through other firmware download tools such as Sony PC companion. The good news is that the update is also available in FTF form and as such, users can also install this update manually.
In this guide, we are going to show you how you can manually install official Android Lollipop 10.6.A.0.454 firmware on an Xperia Z C6902, C6903 or C6616.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for a Sony Xperia Z C6902, C6903 or C6616. If you try using it with other devices, you could brick the device. Make sure you have the correct device by going to Settings>About Device. You should be able to find your model number there.
- Charge device so it has at least over 60 percent of its battery. This is to prevent you from running out of power before flashing completes.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- Enable device’s USB debugging mode. First, go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not there, go to About Device and look for your Build Number. Tap build number seven times and go back to Settings. Developer options should now be activated.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z
- Have an original OEM data cable to connect your device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- The latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 10.6.A.0.454 FTF file for your device
Update Sony Xperia Z C6602, C6603 & C6616 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 10.6.A.0.454 Firmware
- Copy and paste the downloaded firmware FTF file to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On Flashtool’s top left corner, you will see a smalllightening button, hit it then select
- Select thefile from step 1
- Starting from the right side, selectwhat you want wiped. We recommended you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will start preparing for flashing
- When firmware loads, you will get a prompt to attach your device to a computer, do so by turning it off and keeping the volume down key pressed while plugging the data cable in.
- When your device is detected, the firmware will begin flashing. NOTE: Keep volume down pressed until process ends.
- When process ends, you should see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”. Let go of volume down then unplug the cable and reboot device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z?
Share your experience in the comments box below.