Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470 Firmware The Xperia T2 Ultra
Sony seems to really want to update all their mainstream devices to the latest Android Lollipop firmware. They have now released an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Xperia T2 Ultra.
The update for the Xperia T2 Ultra has build number 19.3.A.0.470. At the time of the writing of this post, it’s only the single SIM variant that has the update but the update for the dual SIM version is soon to follow. The update is only in a few regions for now and it could take a while before it hits all regions.
If you have a single SIM variant of Sony’s Xperia T2 Ultra and are in a region where the update has not been rolled out yet, you have two courses of action. The first would be to wait for the update to hit your region. The second would be to flash the update manually. In this post, we are going to help you take the second option.
Follow along with our guide and update your Sony Xperia T2 Ultra D5303 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470 Firmware.
Prepare your device:
- You can only use this guide with an Xperia T2 Ultra D5303. Using it with another device could brick the device. Go to Settings>About Device and check your model number.
- Charge the device so the battery is at over 60 percent. This is to make sure that you don’t run out of power before flashing is complete.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy the files manually to a PC/laptop
- If device has root access, use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and any other important content.
- If device has custom recovery, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If developer options are not available, go to About Device and look for Build Number. Tap build number seven times to enable developer options.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool folder. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. and install the following drivers:
- Xperia T2 Ultra
- Have the original OEM cable to make the connection between your device and a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- The latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470 FTFfile for Xperia T2 Ultra D5303/D5322
Update Sony Xperia T2 Ultra D5303/D5322 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470
- Copy the downloaded file and paste it in Flashtool>Firmwares folder
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On the top left corner of Flashtool, you should see a smalllightening button. Hit this button and select
- Selectthe file you placed in Firmware folder in step 1
- Starting from right side,select what you want to wipe. We recommend you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will be prepared for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach device to computer, do so by first turning device off and keeping the volume down key pressed while plugging the data cable in.
- When device is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will automatically begin flashing. NOTE: Keep volume down key pressed until process finishes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of volume down key, unplug cable and reboot device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia T2 Ultra?
Share your experience in the comments box below.