Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470 Firmware Sony’s Xperia C3
Sony has released an update to Android Lollipop for their Xperia C3 today. This new update has build number 19.3.A.0.470. As is usual for Sony, the update is hitting different regions at different times. If this update hasn’t reached your region yet and you just cannot wait, you should consider flashing it manually.
In this post, we are going to show you how you can update your Sony Xperia C3 D2533 with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470 Firmware.
NOTE: An update is currently not available for the Xperia C3 D2502, but when Sony does release an update for this variant, you should be able to use this method to manually flash an update as well.
Prepare your device:
- This guide is for the Xperia C3 D2533/D2502 only. Using it with other devices could result in bricking. Go to Settings>About Device and check your model number.
- Charge device’s battery to at least over 60 percent to make sure you do not run out of power before flashing completes.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy the files manually to a PC/laptop
- If you have root access, use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and any other important content.
- If you have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable device’s USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If there is no developer options in settings, go to About Device and look for Build Number. Tap the build number seven times to enable developer options.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool folder. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia C3
- Have your original OEM data cable to connect your device and PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470 FTF file Xperia C3 D2533/D2502 [Generic/Unbranded]
Update Sony Xperia C3 D2533/D2502 To Official Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 19.3.A.0.470
- Copy downloaded file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On top left corner of Flashtool, you will see a smalllightening button. Hit it and select
- Selectfile placed in Firmware folder in step 1
- Starting from the right side,select what you want wiped. We recommend you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will begin flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to connect device to computer, do so by turning device off and pressing the volume down key. Keep volume down key pressed, while you use the data cable to connect device and the PC.
- When device is detected in Flashmode, firmware will automatically begin flashing. Keep volume down key pressed until the process completes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of volume down key, disconnect device and computer and reboot the device.
Have you installed Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.