Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 14.5.A.0.242 Firmware A Xperia Z1 C6906
Sony has released an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Xperia Z1 C6906. The update, build number 14.5.A.0.242, is being released in different regions all over the world.
As is usual for Sony updates, the update to Lollipop for the Xperia Z1 C906 is hitting these different regions at different times. If the update hasn’t hit your region yet, you have one of two courses of action. The first is to wait. The second is to manually flash the update.
In this guide, we are going to show you how you can update a Sony Xperia Z1 C6906 by manually flashing Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 14.5.A.0.242 firmware.
Prepare your device:
- This guide is only for use the Sony Xperia Z1 C6906, using it with another device could brick it. Go to Settings>About Device to look for and check your model number.
- Charge battery to at least over 60 percent to ensure you don’t run out of power before flashing completes.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy the files manually to a PC/laptop
- If device has root access, use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and any other important content.
- If device has custom recovery, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable USB debugging mode on device. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If developer options are not available, go to About Device and look for Build Number. Tap build number seven times to enable developer options.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool folder. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. and install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z1
- Have an original OEM cable to connect your device to a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- The latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 14.5.A.0.242 FTF for Xperia Z1 C6906 [Generic/Unbranded] Link 1
Update Sony Xperia Z1 To Official Android 5.0.2 14.5.A.0.242 Lollipop Firmware
- Copy downloaded file and paste to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On the top left corner, you will see a smalllightening button. Hit the button and select
- Select file you placed in Firmware folder in step 1
- Starting from the right side,select what you want to wipe. We recommend wiping: Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will begin preparing for flashing.
- When firmware lods, you will be prompted to attach device to a computer. Turn device off and keep the volume down button pressed while you use the data cable to connect your device to a PC.
- Keep the volume down button pressed as your device is detected in Flashmode. If the connection was made properly, firmware should automatically flash. Keep volume down key pressed until flashing is complete.
- You wil see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”. When you do, let go of volume down key, unplug cable and reboot device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z1?
Share your experience in the comments box below.