Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 14.5.A.0.242 Firmware Sony’s Xperia Z Ultra
Sony had released an update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for their Xperia Z Ulta. The update began rolling out yesterday. The update carries build number 14.5.A.0.242.
The update is being released at different times in different regions via OTA and Sony PC Companion. If the update has not yet come to your region and you just cannot wait, you can always flash it manually using Sony Flashtool.
In this post, were going to show you how you can update your Xperia Z Ultra C6802, C6806 & C6833 by using Sony Flashtool to flash Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 14.5.A.0.242 firmware.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for an Xperia Z Ultra C6802, C6806 & C6833. If use it with other devices, you could brick them. Check your model number by going to Settings>About Device.
- Charge device so it has at least over 60 percent of its battery to prevent you from running out of power before flashing completes.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup.
- If you have CWM or TWRP installed, create a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable device’s USB debugging mode. First, go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not there, go to About Device and look for your Build Number. Tap build number seven times and go back to Settings.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z Ultra
- Have an original OEM data cable to connect your device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- The latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 14.5.A.0.242 FTF file for your device
Update Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6802, C6806, C6833 To Official Android 5.0.2 14.5.A.0.242 Lollipop Firmware
- Copy and paste downloaded firmware FTF file to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On top left corner of Flashtool, you will see a small lightening button, hit it then select
- Select file from step 1
- Starting from right side, selectwhat you want wiped. We recommended wiping Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will begin preparing for flashing
- When firmware loads, you be prompted to attach your device to a computer, do so by turning it off and keeping the volume down key pressed while plugging the data cable in.
- When your device is detected, the firmware will begin flashing. NOTE: Keep volume down pressed until process ends.
- When process ends, you should see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”. Let go of volume down then unplug the cable and reboot device.
Have you installed Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z Ultra?
Share your experience in the comments box below.