Xperia Z Ultra C6802/C6883
Sony’s Xperia Z Ultra is a 6.4 phablet that came out in May of 2013. It originally ran on Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean but Sony has recently released an update for this device to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
As per usual for Sony updates, different regions are getting the update at different times. If the update hasn’t reached your region yet and you just can’t wait, you can try installing it manually.
In this guide were going to show you how to use Sony Flash tool to manually update Xperia Z Ultra C6802/C6833 to latestAndroid 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 Firmware.
Prepare your phone
- This guide is only for use with Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6802 and C6833. Check device model number in Settings>About Device>Model.
- Have Sony Flashtool installed. Use Sony Flashtool to install the following drivers: Flashtool, Fastboot, and Xperia Z Ultra.
- Charge battery to around 60 percent to prevent running out of power before process is done.
- Back up your important contacts, SMS messages and call logs. Back up important media files by copying to a PC or Laptop.
- Have USB debugging mode enabled. Go to Settings>Developer Options> USB debugging. If you don’t see Developer Options, activate it by going to Settings>About device. Look for the build number. Tap the build number seven times then go back to Settings. You should see Developer Options now.
- Make sure that your device is already running either Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to connect your phone to a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Latest firmware Generic/Nonbranded Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 FTF file for Xperia Ultra C6802
- Latest firmware Generic/Nonbranded Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 FTF file for Xperia Ultra C6833
NOTE: Make sure what you download is the one for your specific device.
Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 14.2.A.0.290 Firmware on Sony Xperia Z Ultra:
- Copy the file you downloaded and past it in Flashtool>Firmwares folder
- Open Flashtool.
- You will see a small lightening button on the top left corner of Flashtool. Hit the button then choose Flashmode.
- Choose the FTF file placed in the firmware folder.
- Starting from the right side, chose what you want wiped. We recommend wiping data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK and firmware will begin preparing for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded you will be prompted to attach your phone to the PC.
- Turn the phone off and keeping the volume down key pressed, connect phone to PC with the data cable.
- When the phone is detected in flashmode, firmware should start flashing. NOTE: You need to be continuously pressing the volume down key.
- You will see “Flashing ended” or “Flashing finished.”Now you can let go of volume down.
- Plug out the cable.
- Reboot your device.
Have you installed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia Z Ultra?
Share your experience in the comments box below.