Update To JVUAMK4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
The latest firmware that has been released for the Galaxy Star Pro is JVUAMK4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Only a few regions are getting the update via OTA but it can also easily be installed manually.
In this post, we’re going to show you how you can update a Galaxy Star Pro S7262 to JVUAMK4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Prepare your device:
- Make sure you have a Galaxy Star Pro S7262
- Has the battery charged to at least 60 percent?
- Back up important contacts, messages and call logs.
- Enable your device’s USB debugging mode.
- Backup your EFS Data
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Update Galaxy Star Pro S7262 To JVUAMK4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Turn the phone off and then turn it back on by pressing the power, volume down and home button until text appear on-screen. When text appears, press volume up.
- Open Odin and connect your phone to your PC.
- If the connection is successful, you should see the Odin port turn yellow and a com port number appear.
- Click PDA and then select the .tar file.
- In Odin, check the two options: Auto reboot and F. Reset
- Click the start button.
- When the installation finishes, your device will restart. When you see the home screen, disconnect your device from the PC.
Have you updated your Galaxy Star Pro?
Share your experience in the comments box below.