Update An AT&T Galaxy Note 3
If you have an AT&T Galaxy Note 3 and you are looking for a great custom ROM to use to update it, we are recommending the Dynamic Kat 4.9 Custom ROM.
This ROM, which is based on stock Android 4.4.2, will improve your devices speed and will also give you some of the features and mods that come with the Galaxy s5. Follow along with our guide below to install it on your device.
Prepare your phone:
- Check your device model by going to Settings> About. Make sure it say’s you device is a SM-N900A. Do not try this guide with any other carrier bounded variant of the Galaxy S5.
- Have your phone charged so it has at least 60-80 percent of its charge.
- Back up all your important media content, contacts, text messages and call logs.
- Create a back-up of your phone’s EFS Data.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Download USB drivers
- Install SafeStrap recovery.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Dynamic Kat 4.0 Custom ROM:
- From the homescreen, open SafeStrap
- From SafeStrap, choose the Back-up option.
- Choose: System, Data, Cache.
- Swipe to begin the back-up. When it is done, press the home button found on the left.
- Choose: Wipe Option>Advance Wipe.
- Check all the options you see except Micro Sd
- Swipe to wipe your chosen options. When it is done, press the home button found on the left.
- Choose: Install options>Visix ROM.
- When done, leave your phone alone for 5-minutes. You will get better results that way.
Have you installed Dynamic Kat 4.0 Custom ROM on your AT&T Galaxy Note 3?
Share your experience in the comments box below.