The Asus Zenfone 5
The Zenfone 5 is the 2014 flagship device of Asus. It initially ran on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean but it was updated to Android KitKat and now, Asus has rolled out an update for the Zenfone 5 to Android Lollipop.
Asus has released an update to Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Zenfone 5 T00F/T007/WW variants. The update has build number v18.104.22.168 and is being rolled out via OTA in different regions at different time.
If the update to Android Lollipop for the Zenfone 5 has not reached your region yet and you just can’t wait, you can install it manually. In this post, we’re going to walk you through manually updating a Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 5.0 Lollipop official update v22.214.171.124.
Prepare your phone:
- First make sure that you have the right device. This guide will only work with the Asus Zenfone 5 T00F, T007, and WW variants, using it with any other device could brick the device. Go to Settings>About device to check.
Next, check your firmware. Your device needs to already by running v126.96.36.199. Go to Settings>About device to check. If it’s not, download v188.8.131.52 from here and flash it.
- Have your important contacts, SMS messages, call logs, and media content backed up.
- Have your phone charged to 50 percent to prevent it from running out of power before the process completes.
NOTE: The firmware we are going to be flashing in this guide is official firmware so you do not have to worry about it voiding your phone’s warranty.
Update Asus Zenfone 5 To Android Lollipop v184.108.40.206
- First, download the Android 5.0 Lollipop update .zip file for Asus Zenfone 5 here: ASUS_T00F-WW-220.127.116.11-user.zip.
- Connect Zenfone 5 to PC.
- Copy downloaded .zip file to internal storage of phone. Don’t copy the file inside a sub folder though. You need to copy it on the root of the internal storage.
- Disconnect Zenfone 5 from PC.
- Press and hold down the phone’s power button to get the restart option. When you do, choose to restart your phone.
- When the phone boots up, you will a notification pointing towards an available update. Pull down notification bar and tap update notification.
- You will now see a message “Select Update Package”. Select the file that you copied in step 3 and then tap Ok.
- Your phone will now enter recovery mode in order to install the firmware. Wait for the installation to finish then boot up your phone normally. You should now see Android Lollipop installed.
Do you have Android Lollipop on your Asus Zenfone 5?
Share your experience in the comments box below.