Official Firmware Sony’s Xperia M5 Dual
Sony has released an update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for their Xperia M5 Dual today. This firmware has build number 30.1.B.1.33 and is for the Xperia M5 Dual E5633, E5663 and E5643.
The Xperia M5 Dual initially ran on Android 5.0 out of the box, so this is a major update for the device. The update fixes some bugs, optimizes some applications, enhances the charging speed and fixes ISO mode lag. All in all, firmware stability has been improved with this update.
Sony is releasing this update through OTA and Sony PC Companion in different regions at different times. If the update has not reached your region yet and you just can not wait, you might want to use our guide to flash the update manually.
In this guide, we show you how to update the Xperia M5 Dual E5633, E5663 and E5643 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 30.1.B.1.33.
Prepare your phone:
- Only use this guide with the Xperia M5 Dual E5633, E5663 and E5643. If you use it with another device, you could brick the device. Go to Settings>About Device, and look for your model number there.
- Charge device so it has over 60 percent battery. This is to prevent you from running out of power before flashing completes.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not there, go to About Device and then look for Build Number. Tap the build number seven times and go back to Settings. Developer options should now be activated.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia M5 Dual
- Have a original OEM data cable to make the connection between device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 18.6.A.0.175 FTF file for your device
- Copy and paste downloaded file in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On top left corner of Flashtool, you will see a smalllightening button. Hit the button and then select
- Selectfile from step 1
- Starting from the right side,select what you want wiped. We recommend wiping Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and the firmware will be prepared for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach phone to your computer. Do so by first turning it off and keeping the volume down button pressed while you plug the data cable in.
- When phone is detected in Flashmode, firmware will automatically begin flashing. NOTE: Keep volume down key pressed until process completes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of the volume down button, plug cable out and reboot device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Xperia M5 Dual?
Share your experience in the comments box below.