Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 30.1.B.1.33 Official Firmware Sony’s Xperia M5 Dual
Sony has released an update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for their Xperia M5 Dual today. The update carries build number 30.1.B.1.33. This update fixes some bugs and also brings some new app optimizations, improvements to charging speed and also fixes ISO mode lag. Overall, the update improves firmware stability.
In this post, we are going to show you how you can update an Xperia M5 Dual D5633, D5663 and D5643 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware with build number 30.1.B.1.33. Follow along.
Prepare your phone
- This guide is only for use with a Sony M5 Dual D5633, D5663 and D5643. If you use this guide with other devices you could end up with a bricked device. Check your device’s model number by going to Settings>About Device.
- Charge your battery to at least over 60 percent to prevent you from running out of power before process is done.
- Back up your important contacts, SMS messages and call logs. Back up any of your important media files by copying them to a PC or Laptop.
- Enable your device’s USB debugging mode. You can do so by going to Settings> Developer Options> USB debugging. If you don’t find developer options in settings, activate them by going to Settings>About Device and looking for your build number. Tap the build number 7 times. Go back to settings; developer options should now be available.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool on your device. After installing, open the Flashtool folder. Open Flashtool> Drivers> Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install: Flashtool, Fastbood and Xperia M5 Dual drivers.
- Have an OEM data cable to make the connection between your device and your PC
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- The latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 18.6.A.0.175 FTF file for your device
- Copy the firmware file you downloaded and paste it to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.
- You will see a small lightening button on Flashtools top left corner. Hit the button and then select Flashmode.
- Select the file from step 1.
- Starting on the right side of Flashtool, select what you want wiped. We recommend wiping data, cache and the apps log.
- Click Ok and the firmware will be prepared for flashing.
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach your phone to the PC.
- Turn your phone off and keep the volume down key pressed as you attach your phone to the PC using the OEM data cable.
- If your phone is properly attached, it will be detected in Flashmode and the firmware will automatically begin flashing. You need to keep the volume down key pressed until flashing ends.
- When you see Flashing ended or Finished flashing, you can let go of the volume down key.
- Plug the OEM data cable out and then reboot your phone.
Have you installed the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on your Xperia M5 Dual?
Share your experience in the comments box below.