Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 14.6.A.0.368 Firmware Sony’s Xperia Z1
Sony has begun releasing an update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for their Xperia Z1 line. The build number of this update is 14.6.A.0.368. This update has some core enhancements to improve device stability and performance.
The update provides a full fix for the Stagefright vulnerability. It also integrates Linked in with Calander and Contacts and has focus, speed, and accuracy improvements for your Camera’s Superior Auto Mode.
At the time of this post, the update has already begun rolling out in a few regions via OTA and Sony PC Companion. It has not reached all regions yet, however. If the update has not reached your region yet and you just can’t wait, we have a method you can update your device.
In this post, we’re going to show you how you can update the C6902, C6903 and C6906 versions of the Xperia Z1 to latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 14.6.A.0.368 Firmware by using Sony Flashtool.
Prepare your device:
- This guide is only for use with an Xperia Z1 C6902, C6903 or C6906. If you try using this with another device, you could brick the device. Go to Settings>About Device and look for the model number there.
- Charge battery to at least over 60 percent to ensure you do not run out of power before flashing ends.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy the files manually to a PC/laptop
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and any other important content.
- If your device has a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed, make a Backup Nandroid.
- Enable device’s USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If developer options are not available, go to About Device and look for Build Number. Tap build number seven times, this will enable developer options.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool folder. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. and install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z1
- An original OEM cable to make the connection between your device and a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 14.6.A.0.368 FTF file for your device
Update Sony Xperia Z1 To Official Android 5.1.1 14.6.A.0.368 Lollipop Firmware
- Copy and paste the downloaded file in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On the top left corner of Flashtool, you should see a smalllightening button. Hit the button and select
- Selectfile from step 1
- Starting from right side,select what you want wiped. We recommend wiping Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will be prepared for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach phone to your computer. Do so by first turning it off and keeping the volume down button pressed while you plug the data cable in.
- When phone is detected in Flashmode, firmware will automatically begin flashing. NOTE: Keep volume down key pressed until process completes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of the volume down button, plug cable out and reboot device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Xperia Z1?
Share your experience in the comments box below.