The Sony Xperia Z Ultra
Sony has begun rolling out an update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for their Xperia Z Ultra C6833, C6806 and C6802. This update has build number 14.6.A.0.368.
The update fixes the Stagefright exploit and also brings a number of changes. This includes the integration of LinkedIn with Calendar and Contacts, enhancements to the focus, speed and accuracy of the Camera, new themes, setting menu icons and additional options for Bluetooth and WiFi in the notification menu.
The new update is rolling out to users in selected regions through OTA and Sony PC Companion. If it has not reached your region yet, you can either wait or use the method we include below to flash this update manually.
In this post, were going to show you how you can use Sony Flashtool to update an Xperia Z Ultra C6833, C6806 or C6802 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 14.6.A.0.368 firmware.
Prepare your phone:
- Only use this guide if you have a Xperia Z Ultra C6833, C6806 or C6802. If you have another device and your try to use this guide, you could brick the device. Make sure you have the right device by going to Settings>About Device, and looking for the model number.
- Charge device battery is at least over 60 percent to make sure you don’t run out of power before flashing process completes.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- If device has root access, you should use Titanium Backup for system data, apps and important content.
- If you have custom recovery installed such as CWM or TWRP, make a Nandroid backup.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not in settings, first go to About Device and look for your Build Number there. Tap the build number seven times and then go back to Settings. Developer options should now be activated.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z Ultra
- Have an original OEM data cable on hand to connect your device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 14.6.A.0.368 FTF file for your device
Update Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6802, C6806, C6833 To Official Android 5.1.1 14.6.A.0.368 Lollipop Firmware
- Copy and paste the downloaded file to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On the top left corner you will see a smalllightening button. Hit it and thenselect
- Selectfile placed in Firmware folder in step 1
- Starting from right side,select what you want wiped. We recommend you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK and firmware will begin preparing for flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, connect device to computer by turning it off and pressing volume down. Keeping volume down pressed, use the data cable to connect your device and the PC.
- When device is detected in Flashmode, firmware will automatically start flashing. Keep volume down key pressed until finished.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of the volume down key, disconnect device from computer and reboot it.
Have you installed Android 5.1.1. Lollipop on your Xperia Z Ultra?
Share your experience in the comments box below.