How to Update Firmware An Xperia Z3.
Just a couple of days ago, Sony began pushing the new update for their Xperia Z2 and Z3 lines. According to Sony, the Xperia Z3, Z3 Compact, the Z3 Dual and the Z3 Tablet Compact will be getting this new update.
The firmware for the Xperia Z3 will have build number 5.1.1 23.4.A.1.232. As of the writing of this post, the Firmware Xperia Z3 update was available for almost all of the variants of the Xperia Z3 and the Z3 Dual.
The update is rolling out via OTA and Sony PC companion to different regions at different times. If your region has not yet received this update, you can also get it on your Xperia Z3 by flashing the update manually.
In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 23.4.A.1.232 Firmware Xperia Z3, D6603, D6643, D6653 and Z3 Dual D6633 with Sony Flashtool.
Prepare your device:
- This guide is only for the Xperia Z3 D6603, D6653, D6633. Using it with other device could brick the device. Go to Settings>About Device to check your model number.
- Charge device so the battery is at over 60 percent. This is to ensure that you don’t run out of power before flashing is complete.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy the files manually to a PC/laptop.
- Enable the device’s USB debugging mode by going to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If developer options are not available, go to About Device and look for the Build Number. Tap build number seven times to enable developer options.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool folder. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. and install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z3
- Have an original OEM cable that you can use to make the connection between your device and a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 23.4.A.1.232 FTF file.
Update Sony Xperia Z3 D6603, D6653, D6643 To 23.4.A.1.232 Android 5.1.1 Firmware
- Copy file you downloaded and paste it in Flashtool>Firmwares folder
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On the top left corner of Flashtool, you should see a smalllightening button. Hit the button and select
- Selectthe file from step 1
- Starting from right side,select what you want wiped. We recommend you wipe Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will begin flashing.
- When firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to connect device to computer. First, turn your device off and press the volume down key. Keep the volume down key pressed, while using the data cable to connect device and PC.
- When device is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will automatically begin flashing. Keep the volume down key pressed until process completes.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” let go of volume down key, disconnect device and computer and reboot the device.
Have you installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your device?
Share your experience in the comments box below.