Update To Android 5.1.1 23.4.A.0.546 Firmware A Sony Xperia Z2
If you are a user of the Sony Xperia Z2, this is a good day for you. Sony has finally started releasing an update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for your device.
The update is being rolled out through both OTA and Sony PC Companion, but, as is usual for Sony, the update will be hitting different regions of the world at different times.
If the update has not reached your part of the world yet, and you simply cannot wait, you can update your device manually. In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can flash an FTF file on your Sony Xperia Z2 D6503, D6502 or D6543 to get Android 5.1.1 23.4.A.0.546 Firmware running on it.
Prepare your phone:
- Use this guide only with a Sony Xperia Z3 D6603, D6653, or D6643. Using it with other devices could brick the device. Check device model number by going to Settings>About Device.
- Charge device so it has at least over 60 percent of its power. This is to prevent it from running out of power before flashing process is finished.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not available, you need to activate it. Go to About Device and find your Build Number. Tap the build number seven times to activate Developer Options. Go back to Settings and you should now be able to find Developer Options.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z2
- Have an original OEM data cable that you can use to connect the device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
- Latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 23.4.A.0.546FTF file for your particular device:
- Copy and paste downloaded file to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On the top left corner, you will see a smalllightening button. Hit the button then select
- Select file from step 1
- Starting from right side, selectwhat to wipe. We recommended wiping Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will start preparing for flashing
- When firmware loads, you will get a prompt telling you to attach your device to a computer. To do so, turning device off and keep the volume down button pressed while plugging the data cable in.
- When device is detected, firmware will begin flashing. NOTE: Keep volume down pressed until process finishes.
- When process finishes, you will see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”. Let go of volume down button then and unplug cable and reboot device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Xperia Z2?
Share your experience in the comments box below.