Firmware A Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195
FIf you have the LTE version of the Galaxy S4 Mini, you will be happy to know that you can now update it to Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. Samsung has released an official firmware update for the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat based on build number XXUCNF9.
The release of the software updates vary from region to region and we can’t really tell you when you will get this software and be able to install it on your device. If the update hasn’t reached your region yet and you really can’t wait, you could update your device manually.
In this guide, we’re going to show you how you can manually update a Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNF9 official firmware. You can do so by using Samsung’s flashtool, Odin3.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for use with a Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195. Don’t try this with any other device. To check that you have the correct device model go to Settings>About Device
- Make sure that the phone’s battery is charged to at least over 60 percent.
- Have an original data cable that you can use to connect the phone and a PC.
- Back up all your important, contacts, text messages and call logs
- Back up all important media content manually by copying them onto a PC.
- If you have a custom recovery, use it to create an Nandroid backup.
- Have a EFS backup
- If your device is rooted, use Titanium Backup to back up everything.
- Perform a factory reset on your phone after creating your backups but before flashing the firmware.
- Wipe you phone from recovery. Do so by finding the “Factory Data Reset” option.
- You will need to use Odin3 to flash this firmware so make sure to turn off or disable Samsung Kies and any Anti-Virus software you have installed on your PC till flashing is over. These programs can interfere with Odin3
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible
Samsung USB drivers .
Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.
Update Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 To Official Android 4.4.2KitKat:
- Boot your GalaxyS4 Mini LTE into recovery mode by first turning it off then turning it back on by pressing and holding down on the volume up, home and power keys. From recovery, and wipe factory data / reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put the phone into download mode by first turning it off and then waiting for 10 seconds. Turn it back on by pressing and holding the volume down, home, and power keys simultaneously. When you see a warning, press volume up to continue the process.
- Use the original data cable to connect your phone and the PC. Make sure that you’ve already installed Samsung USB drivers before making the connection,
- If you have made the connection properly, Odin should automatically detect your phone. When it detects the phone, the ID:COM box will turn blue.
- If you are using Odin 3.09, go to the AP tab. If you are using Odin 3.07, go to the PDA tab
- From the AP/PDA tab, select the firmware file that you downloaded. This extracted firmware file should be in .tar.md5
- The options selected in your Odin should match those shown in this pic.
- Hit start and wait for firmware to finish flashing. When it is finished, your device should restart. When the device restarts, disconnect it from the PC.
So you now have Android 4.4.2 KitKat on your Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195.
Share your experience in the comments box below.