Sony’s Xperia ZR C5502
Sony has updated a lot of their devices to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean already. The Xperia ZR, which initially ran on Android 4.1 before it got an update to Android 4.1.2 and 4.4.2 is now receiving an update to 4.3.
As per usual for Sony updates, different regions are getting the update at different times. If the update hasn’t reached your region yet and you just can’t wait, you can update your device manually.
In this post, were going to show you how to manually update an Xperia ZR C5503 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 10.4.B.0.569 Official Firmware.
Prepare your phone
- This only for use with a Sony Xperia ZR C5503. Using this guide with other devices could brick the device. Check device model number by going to Settings>About Device>Model.
- Make sure that your device is already running either Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Charge battery to at least over 60 percent to prevent you from running out of power before process is done.
- Back up your important contacts, SMS messages and call logs. Back up important media files by copying to a PC or Laptop.
- Have Sony Flashtool installed. Use Sony Flashtool to install the following drivers: Flashtool, Fastboot, and Xperia ZR.
- Have your USB debugging mode enabled. Go to Settings>Developer Options> USB debugging. If you don’t see Developer Options, you need to activate it. Do so by going to Settings>About device. Look for the build number. Tap the build number seven times then go back to Settings. You should see Developer Options now.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to connect your phone to a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 10.4.B.0.569 Firmware on Sony Xperia ZR:
- Copy the downloaded file and paste it in Flashtool>Firmwares folder
- Open Flashtool.exe.
- Hit small lightening button found on Flashtool’s top left corner and then select Flashmode.
- Select FTF firmware file you placed in Firmware folder.
- From right side, select what you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, are the recommended wipes.
- Click OK, and firmware will be prepared for flashing.
- When the firmware is loaded, attach phone to PC by first turning it off and, keeping the volume down key pressed, use the data cable to make the connection.
- When the phone is detected in Flashmode, firmware will start flashing. NOTE: Do not leave Volume Down key until process is complete.
- When you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
Have you installed latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Xperia ZR C5502?
Share your experience in the comments box below.