Update To 23.4.A.0.546 Android 5.1.1 Firmware A Sony Xperia Z3 D6603, D6653, D6643
Sony has begun releasing an update to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for their flagship Xperia Z3. The update has some minor changes, such as a new message sending animation in its messaging app, new icons in the settings app a new dialer, new launcher settings, numerical keys on the keyboard, and WiFi and Bluetooth icons on the status bar. It also includes improvements to the camera and audio system for faster image capture and sound quality respectively.
The update’s build number is 23.4.A.0.546. As is usual with Sony updates, different regions are receiving it at different times. If the update has not reached your region yet and you simply cannot wait, you can try flashing it manually. In this guide, we are going to show you how you can use Sony Flashtool to get Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 23.4.A.0.546 on a Sony Xperia Z3 Z3 D6603, D6653, or D6643.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for use with a Sony Xperia Z3 D6603, D6653, or D6643. Using it with other devices could brick the device. Check your device model number by going to Settings>About Device.
- Charge device to at least over 60 percent to prevent you from running out of power before flashing finishes.
- Back up the following:
- SMS messages
- Call logs
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- Enable USB debugging mode. Go to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If Developer Options is not available, you will have to activate it. Go to About Device and find Build Number. Tap build number seven times to activate Developer Options. Go back to Settings and Developer Options should now be activated.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z3
- Have an original OEM data cable to connect the device and a PC or laptop.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Latest firmware Android 5.1.1 Lollipop 23.4.A.0.546 FTF file.
Update Sony Xperia Z3 D6603, D6653, D6643 To 23.4.A.0.546 Android 5.1.1 Firmware
- Copy and paste the FTF file that you downloaded to Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe
- On the top left corner of Flashtool, you should see a smalllightening button, hit the button and then select
- Select file from step 1
- Starting from right side, selectwhat you want to wipe. We recommended wiping Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK. Firmware will start preparing for flashing
- When firmware loads, you will be prompted to attach device to computer, do so by turning device off and keeping the volume down key pressed while plugging in the data cable.
- When device is detected, firmware will begin flashing. NOTE: Keep pressing volume down until process ends.
- When process ends, you will see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”. Let go of volume down, unplug the cable and reboot the device. Have you installed Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Xperia Z3? Share your experience in the comments box below. JR