The Sony’s Xperia Z3 Compact D5803
Sony has released another update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware for their Xperia Z3 Compact D5803. This update caries build number 23.1.A.0.740 and it fixes some of the bugs that came with the initial Lollipop update that Sony released for the Xperia Z3 Compact D5803.
In this post, were going to show you how you can download 23.1.A.0.740 FTF and install it on the Xperia Z3 Compact D5803. This is basically a flashing process but, as it is an official release from Sony, it will not void the warranty. This firmware is also not rooted so you will not lose the TA partition.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is only for use with the Xperia Z3 Compact D5803. Using it with any other device could brick the device. Check you model number by going to Settings>About Device.
- Charge phone so it has a little more than 60 percent of its battery life to prevent it from running out of power before the process completes.
- Back up the following:
- Call logs
- SMS messages
- Media – copy files manually to a PC/laptop
- Enable phone’s USB debugging mode by going to Settings>Developer Options>USB debugging. If you can’t see Developer Options, you will need to activate it by going to About Device and looking for the Build Number. Tap the build number seven times and then go back to Settings.
- Install and setup Sony Flashtool. Open Flashtool>Drivers>Flashtool-drivers.exe. Install the following drivers:
- Xperia Z3 Compact
If you don’t see Flashtool drivers in Flashmode, skip this step and install Sony PC Companion instead.
- Have a OEM data cable to make the connection between the phone and a PC or laptop.
- Latest firmware Android 5.0.2 Lollipop 23.1.A.0.740 FTF file.
- Copy the downloaded FTF file and paste it in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe .
- Hit small lightening button located on the top left corner and then select Flashmode.
- Select FTF firmware file you placed in Firmware folder in step 1.
- From right side, select what want wiped. We recommend wiping: Data, cache and apps log.
- Click OK, and firmware will begin preparing for flashing. Wait for it to load
- When the firmware is loaded, you will be prompted to attach phone to the PC. Do so by turning the phone off and keeping the volume down key pressed while attaching the data cable and plugging it into the PC.
- Keep volume down pressed while you wait for your phone to be detected in flashmode, at which point the firmware will begin flashing. Still keeping the volume down key pressed, wait for flashing to complete.
- When flashing is complete, you will see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”. Only then can you stop pressing the volume down key. Plug the cable out and then reboot the device.
Have you installed latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Xperia Z3 Compact?
Share your experience in the comments box below.