Sony Xperia Z C6602/3 Lock/Unlock Bootloader TWRP Recovery
Xperia Z, Sony’s trademark device comes with new and improved features which includes a 13.1 MP camera and a waterproof body. It has a huge 5-inch display and runs on Android Jelly Bean. This tutorial will help you how to install custom recovery with or without a bootloader.
Android, as an open source OS, receives a number of developments every minute. It is so user friendly that you can even modify your phone to the way you want it to appear. You just need to have it rooted and have a custom recovery installed to it.
To be able to flash zips and custom ROMs to your device, you need to have a custom recovery and a root access to your device. However, with a locked bootloader, rooting it and installing a custom recovery seems to be a little vague. This tutorial will help you how to install custom recovery with or without a bootloader.
The installation is pretty simple (with or without bootloader).
You only need an application with an apk file. Your device needs to be rooted first before you start.
- Download XZRecovery-1.0 apk HERE
- You can download it straight to your phone, or download it to the computer and transfer it to the device.
- Open your file manager to access the apk file. You might need to allow unknown sources. Simple go to the Settings > Security and check the unknown sources.
- The XZR-Recovery is now installed. Open the application from the App drawer.
- You can either Install/Uninstall or Reboot the device to recovery mode.
- When you tap the install recovery, the installation will begin and will finish in a matter of seconds. The device will reboot afterwards.
- Open the app and tap reboot recovery to reboot into recovery mode. You can also reboot by switching off the device and turning it on while pressing the Volume Up and Volume Down simultaneously until the pink led lights up.
- Make sure that you are back up properly so you can backup your ROM, wipe your phone and install zip.
Have you Sony Xperia Z C6602/3 Lock/Unlock Bootloader TWRP Recovery ?
If you have questions or would just like to share you experience, let us know in the section below.