Update A Sony Xperia Z C6603
The Sony Xperia Z C6603, the world’s first waterproof and dust proof phone, was launched in 2013 and was the start of Sony’s high-end flagship series. Out of the box, the Xperia Z ran Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, but Sony has recently upgraded it to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Sony has announced that it plans to further upgrade the Xperia Z to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and Android 4.4 KitKat. Some upgrades to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean have already been released but Sony is releasing in through the different regions and it is a bit slow at the moment.
If the update hasn’t reached you yet and you can’t wait, we have a way you can get the latest firmware on you Xperia Z C6603.
Prepare the phone:
- This guide is only for the Sony Xperia Z C6603.
- Check phone model: Settings>About Device> Model.
- The phone has Sony Flashtool installed. Use Sony Flashtool to install drivers:
- Flashtool > Drivers > Flashtool-drivers > Flash mode, Xperia Z, Fastboot, select all these and install.
- Phone battery is charged to at least over 60 percent.
- You’ve backed everything up.
- Sms messages, call logs, contacts
- Important media content by copying to a PC
- USB debugging mode has been enabled. Do so by either of these two methods.
- Settings -> Developer Options ->USB debugging.
- Settings > about device and tap “Build Number” 7 times
- Your device is running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean or Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- You have an OEM data cable to connect the phone and a PC.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, ROMs and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 10.4.B.0.569 on Xperia Z C6603:
- First, download the latest firmware Android 4.3 Jelly Bean 10.4.B.0.569 FTF file here
- Copy the downloaded firmware file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- There will be a small lightening button located on the top left corner. Hit the lightning button and then select
- Select the FTF firmware file that was placed in the Firmware folder.
- On the right side, select what you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended.
- Click OK, and the firmware will be prepared for flashing. This could take a while to load so just wait.
- When the firmware is loaded, it will be prompted to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key pressed.
- For the Sony Xperia Z C6603, the Volume Down key does the job of back key. So just turn off the phone and, while keeping the Volume Down key pressed, plug in the data cable.
- When the phone is detected in Flash mode, the firmware will start flashing. Keep pressing the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- When you see“Flashing ended or Finished Flashing”let go of the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot the phone.
You should now have the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Sony Xperia Z C6603. How is it working for you?
Share your experience with us in the comments box below.