How To Install On All Versions Of Samsung’s Galaxy S3 An Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Based ROM
There has yet to be an official notice of an update to Android 4.4 KitKat Based ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3. If you are a Galaxy S3 user and you are craving for the taste of KitKat on your phone, don’t despair, developers have you covered.
There is a custom rom that has been released that is based on Android 4.4 KitKat and that can work with all available versions of the Samsung Galaxy S3. You can check out what Android 4.4 will be like on a Galaxy S3 by following our guide and installing this ROM.
Prepare your device:
- To install this ROM, make sure you have your battery charged to at least over 60 percent. This is to prevent loss of power before installation is complete.
- Have your contacts, call logs and messages backed up. This is to make sure that, in case of mishaps that might cause data loss, you won’t lose anything important.
- You need to have root access on your device.
- You need to have the latest TWRP or CWM custom recovery installed on your device.
- Also you need to have enabled USB debugging mode.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Based ROM On Samsung Galaxy S3 (All Versions)
- The first thing you will need to do is download the Android 4.4 ROM that is appropriate for your version of the Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Samsung Galaxy S3:
- CM 11 Unofficial ROM: Cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-I9300-V2.Zip
- Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE:
- CM 11 Unofficial ROM:Cm-11-20131114-UNOFFICIAL-I9305.Zip
- AT&T Galaxy S3:
- Sprint Galaxy S3:
- CM 11 Unofficial ROM:Cm-11-20131115-UNOFFICIAL-D2spr.Zip
- T-Mobile Galaxy S3:
- CM 11 Unofficial ROM:Cm-11-20131114-UNOFFICIAL-D2tmo.Zip
- Verizon Galaxy S3:
- Download Google GApps for Android 6.0 Marshmallow: gapps-mm-fix.zip | Mirror
- PA Gapps Pico Modular Package For Android 5.0 LollipopThe pico version of PA Gapps for Android 5.0 Lollipop comes with the absolute minimum Google applications. These include Google system base, Google Play Store, Google Calendar Sync only, Google Play Services. This version of GApps is intended for the users who don’t like all other Google applications and want the basic ones only.Size: 81 MB | US Mirror 1 | Download | Modular Pico (Uni – 39 MB): Canada Mirror 1 | DownloadPA Gapps Nano Modular Package For Android 5.0 LollipopThis version of Google GApps is intended for the users who want to use the minimum possible Google GApps having the “Okay Google” and “Google Search” features. Other GApps include Google system base, off-line speech files, Google Play Store, Google Calendar Sync and of-course, Google Play Services.Size: 116 MB | US Mirror 1 | DownloadPA Gapps Micro Modular Package For Android 5.0 LollipopIntended for legacy devices having small partitions. This package included applications like Google system base, off-line speech files, Google Play Store, Google Exchange Services, Face Unlock, Google Calender, Gmail, Google Text-to-speach, Google Now Launcher, Google Search and Google Play Services.Size: 172 MB | US Mirror 1 |DownloadPA Gapps Mini Modular Package For Android 5.0 LollipopFor the users who use limited Google applications. This package includes almost all basic Google applications including core Google system base, off-line speech files, Google Play Store, Google Exchange Services, FaceUnlock, Google+, Google Calendar, Google Now Launcher, Google Play services, Google (Search), Google Text-to-Speech, Gmail, Hangouts, Maps, Street View on Google Maps & YouTube
Size: 221 MB | US Mirror 1 | Download
PA Gapps Full Modular Package For Android 5.0 Lollipop
package is similar to the stock Google GApps. It only misses Google Camera, Google Keyboard, Google Sheets and Google Slides applications while includes almost all other Google GApps.
Gapps Stock Modular Package For Android 5.0 Lollipop
Stock Google GApps package. Includes all Google applications. Intended for the users who do not want to miss any application.
- After you have downloaded the file for your device, connect your Galaxy S3 to your PC.
- Copy and paste downloaded file to root of device’s SD card.
- Disconnect your device and the PC.
- Turn your device off.
- Turn it on in Recovery mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power buttons till text appears on-sceen.
- Choose to Wipe Cache.
- Go to Advance and from there, choose Delvik Wipe Cache.
- Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Go to Install Zip from SD card. Select Choose zip from SD card.
- Choose the Android 4.4.zip that you downloaded.
- Confirm you want this file installed in the next screen.
- When installation is finished go to ‘++++++++Go Back‘. From there, select Reboot system now.
Have you updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android KitKat?
Share your experience in the comments box below.