Root A Verizon Galaxy S5
The Verizon Galaxy S5 can but updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat now and if your one of those who have performed this update, you might now be looking to root your device. In this guide, were going to show you how you can root a Verizon Galaxy S5 that has N12 build of Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
Prepare your phone:
- Check that your device is a SM-G900V. To check your device model, go to Setting > About
- Update the device to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat
- Charge it so it has 60-80 percent of its battery life
- Back-Up all important messages, contacts, and call logs .
- Back-Up the Mobiles EFS Data.
- Back-Up all apps using Titanium Backup
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root The Device.
- Update the device to OTA build,
- Download Stock Kernel of Galaxy S5: Link
- Download Odin.
- Turn off the phone and turn it back on by pressing the power, volume down and home button at the same time until text appears on-screen. When the text appears, press the volume up button to continue.
- Have USB drivers installed.
- Open Odin and connect your phone to your PC.
- If you made the connection between your phone and your PC successfully, the Odin port should turn yellow and you should be able to see the COM port number.
- Click on the PDA tab. From the PDA tab, find and select the File ‘G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel.tar.md5‘
- Back in Odin, check the option to Auto Reboot.
- Click the start button and wait for the installation to finish.
- When the installation finishes, your phone should reboot. When you see the Home Screen and get a “Pass” message on Odin, disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Keep closing apps, until you can run Towel root app.
- Click the Make in Rain button. This will root your device.
- Download NI2 Stock Kernel: Link
- Repeat the above Odin steps to flash .
When your device restarts, you should find you have rooted your Verizon Galaxy S5 and it is now running Android 4.4.4 KitKat official firmware.
Share your experience in the comments box below.