How to Root Sprint Galaxy S4
In this post we show you how to root sprint Galaxy S4.Sprint Galaxy S4 is making a name for itself. It has been doing well in the industry. You can find it wherever you are in the world. The device has new features including a display of 4.99-inch Full HD with 441 ppi. It runs on the Snapdragon 600 Quad Core CPU from Qualcomm with 1.9 Ghz and GPU of Adreno 320. It has a storage of 2 GB RAM and it’s battery has a capacity of 2600 mAh. The back camera has 13MP while the front cam has 2.1 MP.
Galaxy S4 is a powerful device but it provides more features when it is rooted. In case you don’t know what rooting is, here is a brief explanation:
The data in every device is usually locked by its manufacturer. Rooting your phone provides you access to those data which includes changing the internal and operating system as well as removing or changing factory restrictions. Rooting also allows you to install apps, enhance device performance as well as battery performance. You can also install custom ROMs to your device. Other benefits include running back up of all your data. Below is a list of 10 of the best Rooting Apps.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Here are instructions you need to follow to minimize errors:
- The battery level of your device should at least be at 60% to prevent power issues while flashing.
- Back up all important data like messages, contacts and call logs.
- Use original data cable when connecting device to computer.
- Check the model of your device in the Settings to the General and then to About Device and finally Model. The model should be Sprint Galaxy S4 or SPH-L720.
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to the settings, to the general and developer options. If this option is not available, go to About device and tap 7 times on the Build Number.
- Carefully follow the instructions in this guide to avoid misfortunes. Install the files below.
Download these files
- Odin PC Odin3
- Samsung USB Drivers
- Download Cf Auto Root Package onto the desktop and unzip
- Download Cf Auto Root Package file for the device, Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 here
Root Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720
- Place your device to download mode by holding down the Volume down, Home and Power keys together. A warning will appear on your screen with a message for you to continue. Continue by pressing the volume up.
- Once in the download mode, connect your device to the computer.
- The ID: COM box turns blue when Odin senses your device.
- Tap the PDA tab and choose CF-autoroot file.
- This is how your Odin screen will look like.
- To start the root process, simply click start. You will be notified of the progress shown on the box above ID:COM.
- It should take only a few seconds to finish. Your device will automatically restart as soon as the process is finished. SuperSu will be installed on your device as well.
- By this time, your Samsung Galaxy S4 is now rooted.
Installing Custom Recovery (CWM)
The method above is really basic and does not include a custom recovery. If you want to modify your device, you will need a custom recovery.
Download the file below to flash a custom recovery.
- Philz Advanced CWM Touch Recovery (for Sprint Galaxy S4) here
Simply follow the instructions above to root your device. However, instead of giving the CF Auto Root file, the tar.md5 format can given in replacement. Hold down the volume up, home and power keys at the same time to enter into the custom recovery.
Now you have root Sprint Galaxy S4 and installed with a CWM recovery.
Have a question or want to share your experience, then do not hesitate to leave a comment below.