Root A Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Running 14.3.A.0.757 Firmware
Sony released the Xperia Z1 Compact on January of 2014. The device is a mid-range sibling of the Xperia Z1 and it runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box. The latest update for the Xperia Z1 is to Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based on the build number 14.3.A.0.757.
If you have a Xperia Z1 compact running the latest firmware, you could be looking for a way to gain root access in it. If you are, we’ve got a good method for you.
GeoHot’s TowelRoot application works on the Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 running on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware with the build number 14.3.A.0.757 having a locked or unlocked bootloader. Just follow this guide.
Prepare your phone:
- This guide is for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503. The device also needs to be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware build number 14.3.A.0.757.
- Have your battery charged to at least over 60 percent.
- Enable USB debugging mode. You can do so by one of these two methods:
- Settings>Developer options>USB debugging.
- Settings>About device>Build number. Tap Build Number 7 times.
- Have an OEM data cable that you can use to connect the phone to a PC.
- Allow “Unknown Sources”. To do so, got to your phones settings, Security>Unknown Sources
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Locked Bootloader:
- Download the Towelroot apk.
- Connect your device to the PC.
- Copy APK file downloaded in step 1 to your device.
- Disconnect device and find the APK file.
- Tap APK file, to begin installation.
- If prompted, select “Package Installer”.
- Proceed with the installation and wait for it to finish.
- Go to devices app drawer and find Towelroot. Open Towelroot application from the app drawer.
- Tap button “make it ra1n” .
- Download SuperSu.zip file.
- Unzip file, and get Superuser.apk. The APK file should be found in the common folder in the unzipped folder.
- Copy APK to the Xperia Z/ZL, and install it using steps 2 – 7.
- When the APK file is installed, update the Superuser or SuperSu with theGoogle Play Store.
- On your phone, go to the Google Play Store.
- In the Google Play Store, look for Busybox installer
- Run Busybox installer to get Busybox on your phone
Check that your phone is properly rooted:
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- In the Google Play Store, look for Root Checker.
- Install Root Checker
- Open Root Checker
- Tap Verify Root
- You will be asked for SuperSu rights, tap Grant
- You should now see Root Access Verified Now!
Have you rooted your Xperia Z1 Compact?
Share you experiences in the comments box below.