If you have installed Android 4.3 XXUGMK7 Official Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, you may have noticed that you have lost your root access. Insta
Root A Samsung Galaxy S3
If you have installed Android 4.3 XXUGMK7 Official Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, you may have noticed that you have lost your root access. Installing official firmware on a Samsung device erases root access.
If you want to root your device again, or even root it for the first time, you can follow the guide on this post.
Prepare your device
- This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Charge the device’s battery to at least over 60 percent to avoid running out of power.
- Enable your device’s USB debugging mode.
- Back up the EFS partition of your device.
- Back up your important contacts, SMS messages and call logs.
Note: The methods needed to flash custom recoveries, roms and to root your phone can result in bricking your device. Rooting your device will also void the warranty and it will no longer be eligible for free device services from manufacturers or warranty providers. Be responsible and keep these in mind before you decide to proceed on your own responsibility. In case a mishap occurs, we or the device manufacturers should never be held responsible.
Root Samsung Galaxy S3 On Android 4.3 XXUGMK7 Official Firmware
- Download CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip. Make sure the file you download is for a Galaxy S3.
- Download Odin3 v3.10.
- Turn your device off and then turn it on by pressing the power, volume down and home buttons. When some text appears on-screen, press the volume up button.
- Open Odin and then connect your device to your PC. If you made the connection properly, you should see the Odin port turn yellow and the COM port number appear.
- Click the PDA tab on Odin. Select file CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.
- Check the Auto reboot and F. Reset options in Odin.
- Click the start button. Rooting will begin.
- When rooting is finished, your device should restart. When you see the home screen, disconnect your device from the PC.
Have you rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300?
Share your experience in the comments box below.